New Horizon Trust was established in 2012 to act as a resource for young people up to the age of 25 living in Nottingham, by providing advice, assistance and organising programmes of physical, educational and other activities.
The key purpose of youth work is to “Enable young people to develop holistically, working with them to facilitate their personal, social and educational development, to enable them to develop their voice, influence and place in society and to reach their full potential.”
We attempt to apply this by:
- Building young people’s self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Developing young people’s ability to manage personal and social relationships.
- Creating learning opportunities for young people to develop new skills.
- Encouraging positive group atmospheres.
- Building the capacity of young people to consider risk, make reasoned decisions and take control.
- Helping young people to develop a ‘world view’ which widens horizons and invites social commitment.